Monday, August 4, 2008

Life after camp...

So now that I'm back from camp I find that reality is quite boring. No more "please pass the salad from last Tuesday" or "Pssst, can I go to the bathroom?" or even making fun of that one camper (or staff for that matter) that got on everyone's nerves. Reality seems quite tame I would say.

The only thing that sticks from being at camp is the way you walk, talk, and function. I cannot count the times since Friday where I have caught myself thinking about making another bracelet or laughing to myself for "missing the good times" singing songs before meals. If you sang a song to someone or tried ANY of those camp shmraditions (for you Sari, for you) people would look at you kinda funny...like awkward funny.

Life cannot get more dull when trying to decide between watching Montel or the home shopping network. The day goes by much quicker when you look forward to something. No, this does not mean you standby the tv waiting for General Hospital to end just so you can tivo All my children (awesome name drop huh?)

What I'm talking about faithful readers, is my new job. During camp, I was making conversation with the director and jokingly made a remark about hiring me for a month before I went back to school. She got back to me and found out got dem skeeeelz with marketing stuff blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda and BBBBLLLLLAAAMMMMOOOO! Adam is not in debt anymore (i think)

Really though, I just think of everything I do now and say "this is much better than minor league baseball in BFE Wyoming". And it makes me much happier.

Oh, and if you are one of the few people who haven't seen THE DARK NIGHT I suggest you go see it. It's not like it broke any records or is popular or anything like that. Here's the link to the trailer...enjoy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4364920486439399337&q=the+dark+night&ei=XuuXSP2dIJyMrAPPodSvBQ

1 comment:

Ryan Casey said...

adam i read your blog