Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Jonas Brothers can eat me

Screw the Jonas Brothers because every fucking camper listens to them. Glad I got that out of my system. On to the good stuff...

Hey all!

I know this has been long overdue but my campers have been keeping me and my co-counselor busy with plenty to do these past few days.

Food is good, but mildly annoying getting it. If any of you have actually seen the movie “Wet Hot American Summer”, the cook is exactly like the guy in the movie—except it’s a chick.

We sing WAY too many songs than we know what’s good for us. For example, we sing 4 songs in the morning, 8 songs after dinner, 3-12 cheers during the day, and one before and after every meal! I don’t really mind it because I have learned to have fun with it and it makes sense because even my “too-cool-for-school” campers enjoy it as well. On average, I probably end up singing like 24 songs a day (but who’s counting, right?)

Our campers are 7th and 8th grade boys in our cabin and like to do mad libs in their free time. Here is a sample: “The stupid nurse sluttily walked to the shitty store to find some fucking flour…penis.” Now, any normal person would say that the mad lib just created was in bad taste and immature. However, to the simple-minded camper, this is hands-down the funnies thing they have ever heard. My co-counselor Kevin and I don’t really get it, but we let them do it because it keeps them busy from bothering us.

The best thing that the staff has probably done was to make a camper/staff quote wall to document the funniest moments throughout the days and put it in the staff lounge. I want to take a piece of it with me after camp and put it up in my room. The campers really do say the darndest things—though, nearly half of the quotes come from the staff members. For example, my friend Russell has 4th graders and one of them was homesick. The camper said, “Russell, I’m homesick…everything here reminds me of home.” Russell replied, “Really? You have a rock wall at home?” The camper answered, “Yeah, I think so.” Stuff like that is what makes this job hilarious and shenanigans.

Gotta go…break time is almost over.

If you want to send me packages/letters/whatever here’s my address

USPS/letters and packages:
Camp Yofi
PO BOX 277
Angelus Oaks, CA 92305

UPS/FedEx:
Camp Yofi c/o Camp Edwards
42842 Jenks Lake Road East
Angelus Oaks, CA 92305

1 comment:

ginger said...

songs ehhh??? i would like to be serenaded! haha :)