Tuesday, July 8, 2008

They're putting me in charge? Sweet.

So upon departure for camp promptly at 9am ( not at 11ish Jewish Standard Time like some of you suspect), I have been contemplating my power and scope of leadership as a camp counselor for the next three weeks. I will be the senior counselor paired up with a junior counselor in charge of around 8-10 kids in our cabin.

I have equipped myself with what I believe is the right amount of everything: CLothing, more clothing, shoes, deoderant, a leash (no no just kidding- i think I would get fired for that one), bedding stuff, ipod, and phone charger, etc....BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, I am bringing along a favorite childhood toy of mine from when I was a kid...I am bringing my Power ranger megazord tigerzord beast thingy. I have had this thing forever just sitting in a drawer but thought I could put to good use. Theoretically, this will protect our cabin not only from negative energy but also cooties.

In other news, I forgot if I had already mentioned this in my last entry yesterday (It has been 2 very long days of training, forgive me), but now, if you are unconscious or can't breathe for some reason feel free to give me a call and I can save your life because I am CPR certified. That's right, the guy who probably played your favorite song at a Cal Poly men's soccer game can ALSO NOW save your life! What a deal!

Well kids, I'm going to sleep because I have an early/big day tomorrow and need to conserve and hibernate my energy and go to sleep.

Don't Worry, the fun doesn't have to stop here because I will try to update as often as possible from the camp computers AND there are archived entries from weeks past you can see and catch up on to get the full scoop to what I've been up to these [ast few weeks.

This new section at the end of my blog entries will be the official fan shoutout spot. Anyone who calls/texts/emails/comments on an entry will get their very own PERSONALIZED shout out on the blogosphere to show my appreciation!

-Niharika= you're so cool, thanks for reading. I am glad to know that I am slightly more interesting than your line of work and your select group of friends that actually keep blogs other than mine. The two minutes reading this crap means the world to me!

-Colleen- what can i say? I'll try to think of some sweet ghost stories to tell the campers. hehe!

Good night and good luck! see you all soon!

1 comment:

Ryan Casey said...

So what happened in Paso Robles last weekend?