Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm Leavin' on a Jet plane...

Without John Denver and his melodic, tribal, cult-like anthem for every summer camp farewell, what would the title of this entry be? I don't want to think about it, but i know it wouldn't be half as interesting.

I was playing around with some settings and colors today so don't panic I was just trying to help faithful readers. Let me know what you think.

So I am leaving tomorrow and have nearly everything packed up and ready to go. In a way, I am torn because I only gave this town a week's chance to be everything I expected. Maybe I was too hasty in my decision, but I know (FOR SURE) I will be happy doing what I am doing for the rest of the summer.

Last night was almost like the final straw for shittiness. Expecting to work the doubleheader and just hang out for two games helping out wherever I was needed and schmoozing with the guests, I was told I needed to work at crossroads. Crossroads is the concession stand at the softball fields next door. So I wasn't even at the game. Instead, I was flipping burgers, making popcorn, heating frozen pretzels, and wheeling and dealing with the kids over how many ring pops they wanted. After almost snapping, I walked back to the stadium and ended up just chillin with the beer girl and her customers. Funny story, one of the regulars that stops into town every month or so had a conversation with me about EVERYTHING. Turns out he was born and raised in the netherlands and was telling me about his life story. Naturally, we begin to talk about Dutch football and how their season was ended by Russia in the Euro Cup last week and...wait for it...AMSTERDAM. If any of you are going there this summer, I have his cell number and he will give you the do's and dont's of the world's only true sin city. He said (and I quote), "Amsterdam makes vegas look like chuck E. cheese." Now I need to head to Amsterdam and get my free t-shirt from club vandersexxx.

The last game of the homestand is tonight so it should be pretty easy with all 50 fans in attendance. Literally, almost 50-100 people show up to these games which make it that much more exciting.

I will update you all once I arrive in beautiful, sunny, humid Philadelphia for my cousin's wedding. Talk to you all shortly.

It would be funny if you called the office right now on my last day and requested to speak to Adam the ticket sales manager. Haha, the number is (307)232-1111.

-Adam (former ticket sales manager for the Casper Ghosts Professional Baseball Club)

No comments: