Monday, June 23, 2008

It's Official...

So I have made a decision. I am leaving the team here in Casper and doing something I feel is alot more rewarding this summer.


I made this decision yesterday when I felt like this was not the best fit for me and my career path. I mean I love baseball, meeting new people, talking up a product I believe in, and selling myself to the best of my ability. However, there were many things that just added up to make this experience simply not worth it in my mind. (i.e.-nearly 12 hour days making 30 dollars per home game)

I am going to my cousin's wedding on Thursday in Philadelphia then coming back July 1st. I will be spending July 9th through August 19th at Camp Yofi- A Jewish sleepaway camp for kids 3rd-8th grade. The camp seems like it will be alot of fun and would be a great experience to practice all my new skills I have acquired with my psychology minor.

Another thing: Airlines suck.

I spent like 30 minutes talking to a representative to change my flight back to California rather than back to this state America would be better off without. Rather than scheduling a $1200 flight, the lady somehow miraculously got me something to get me back home, but still around 200 dollars! wow.

oh well.

At least I will be happy while having fun this summer. The funny thing is that even when I get back from camp I can't move back to Slo because I already subleased my room till the beginning of September. Kinda funny and ironic...oh well.

Even though I won't be in Wyoming for the rest of the summer I think I will be updating this blog regularly because it is amazing to see how my day was quantified with my random thoughts and you all know how much I like talking...about myself haha. But seriously though, even if you talk to me regularly and everything, I want to keep this up because...well, because I think it's kind of fun.

As promised, the next blog you will be reading and experiencing will be a photo safari of my adventures thus far. Get amped or whatever. Thanks so far for your input: Dad, Mom, random people from CBS, B Wert (ps-what are you doing with your life?), Colleen, and any others I forgot.

That's it. Update coming 6/26!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely nothing...again...i leave for new orleans tomorrow, and then two weeks in the bay, so ill worry about getting a job when i get back and summer is half way over. We'll see what happens, probably me just living off of student loans until i get that psych internship, i got hella excited when I read you weren't doing the internship, so we could kick it this summer, but oh well ill just have to settle for a casper glow in the dark sweatshirt

ginger said...

thanks for the shout out! haha :)