Thursday, June 19, 2008

What a day

It is 12:30 now and I am finally home from the ballpark. I am drained. Casper is a very interesting place. For one, thier walmart is a small city which spans the walk from about Cal Poly's PAC to around at least the rec center, maybe a bit more. AND!!! to top it all off, one would think that excellent use of this space would be to provide an excellent and wide variety of alcoholic beverages. NO DICE. Apparently, it is state law that only licensed liquor establishments may sell alcohol. Believe it or not, there are additional restrictions on top of that. You cant even buy from gas stations and cannot make purchases after 9 regularly and after 4 on sundays.

What the fuck?

Anyway, after I visited the one of the two super walmarts in town, I went home to finally pump up my air mattress. I put in my special D batteries that I was told to get for the air pump and Lo and behold it works...for about 20 seconds. After fiddling with it and switching around the batteries for about 15 minutes I got the damn thing to work just long enough so I am essentially sleeping on a hoverboard that occasionally bottoms out. I am so tired from today I could really care less.

On a lighter note, all that are curious, this is what the sign looked like from the Beacon from my post earlier today
Another really cool thing happened today actually, my team, the Casper Ghosts, were actually featured in an article we found in ESPN the magazine and talks about the new sweet logo the team has on all thier merch. I found out that sales for the past 6 months have been better than the past 7 years for the franchise!

Anyway, I am about to pass out on the keyboard and have to wake up early tomorrow to prep for opening night! It should be alot of fun.

For those of you who ARE actually reading my blog, please call, text, email, or comment absolutely anything at all. It is probably the only thing that keeps me writing. Thank you to those who wrote already- it gave me a smile to know that the people I am thinking about while away are thinking about me while I'm away.

I probably wont get a chance to update until maybe saturday or sunday night so hang tight avid readers...You will get your next fix of adamrouman.blogspot.com very shortly.

For now though, ponder this and comment if you feel so compelled:

What would you do for a klondike bar?

2 comments:

ginger said...

do you have to sleep on the air mattress for the rest of summer?!?!

Adam Rouman said...

yea, the air mattress will be my bed unless i find a mattress for the price of F-R-E-E. Who is this?